ANHLC provides two categories of membership, as per the ANHLC constitution:
Full Membership is open to all neighbourhood houses and community learning centres in Victoria who are eligible in accordance with the ANHLC constitution (Clause 5(a)). Members must be able to abide by the rules of ANHLC outlined in our Constitution and meet the criteria listed there. Please note: A neighbourhood house is not defined by the funding it receives, but by the organisation’s philosophy, aims, purpose and values. Neighbourhood House is used as a generic term.
Associate Membership is open to not-for-profit community based and managed organisations or individuals who have demonstrable involvement with the Neighbourhood House and Community Learning sector, as per the ANHLC constitution (Clause 5(b)).
Full members have voting rights and Associate members are not eligible to vote.
Member services include a monthly newsletter, resources on community management, an industrial relations referral service, general financial management, and an annual conference.
As a peak organisation, ANHLC plays a vital sector advocacy role with all levels of government and many other large community organisations.
Being a member of ANHLC means you will be kept up to date on political and organisational developments relevant to our sector.
Membership of the ANHLC provides:
- representation of sector interests to the state government, the adult education bureaucracy and relevant statutory and regulatory bodies
- opportunities to network with others in the sector
- prompt resourcing and referral on financial, legal, industrial and management issues
- eligibility for discounted membership of Jobs Australia, the specialist community employer’s organisation
- an informative monthly newsletter
- an affordable annual conference
- discounted copy of the statewide Neighbourhood Houses and Community Learning Centres Directory
- automatic membership of the Australian Neighbourhood Houses and Centres Association, ANHCA
- access to Guild Insurance's building and contents insurance package tailored for Neighbourhood Houses and Learning Centres
Newsletter Subscription is open to all members of the public. Newsletter subscribers receive 11 copies of ANHLC News delivered to them annually. An Newsletter Subscription Form is attached.
|ANHLC membership app form.pdf||36.59 KB|
|ANHLC Member benefits.pdf||40.85 KB|
|FEES information sheet 2009-2010.pdf||73.77 KB|
|FOR_100210_ANHLC News Subscription 09-10.pdf||89.8 KB|